Header Ads

Poll: Do you really enjoy watching 3D movies?

Here's a trivia question: What is the first 3D movie ever?

Answer: The Power of Love, September 27, 1922, Ambassador Hotel Theater, Los Angeles

However, after the preview of the film to the exhibitors and press in New York City, the film was lost for unknown reasons.

That is why some consider Movies of the Future shown at Rivoli Theater in New York City on December 1922, the first 3D movie ever.

The problem with watching 3D movies


Just recently, famous movie reviewer Roger Ebert gave a remark that the only problem with the 3D movie Despicable Me is that he watched in 3D.

"The sad thing, I am forced to report, is that the 3-D process produces a picture more dim than it should be. Despicable Me is technically competent and nowhere near the visual disaster that is The Last Airbender, but take my word for it: Try to find it in 2-D."

In my case, I am a bit reluctant to watch movies in 3D because I have eye glasses. Although the 3D glass fit without me taking my eye glasses off, it feels a little awkward wearing two glasses while watching a movie.

My first 3D movie experience was Clash of the Titans 3D, which I thought I would enjoy better if I watched it on 2D. From then on, I said I will not watch a 3D movie if I don't like the movie that much. I saw Twilight Saga: Eclipse in 2D. The latest movie I watched in 3D is Toy Story 3 because it is not offered in 2D here in Batangas.


What about you? Do you enjoy watching movies in 3D?


Do you really enjoy watching 3D movies? Do you think the 3D movie experience is really worth paying for?

A 3D movie costs around 250 to 500 pesos. That's double or quadruple of what we are paying for a regular movie. If it's not really an enjoyable experience, why pay that much, right?

But maybe it's just me. Because I have these eye glasses.

So I want to know if you feel the same way too. Do you really enjoy watching movies in 3D? Answer our poll below and let me know about your thoughts on 3D and 2D movies in the comment section. (And also tell me if you are wearing eye glasses, too!)



Note: If you are reading this on your RSS reader, you will not be able to view the poll. You need to click the title to jump into the blog to vote.

Another trivia question: What is the first 3D animated film in the Philippines?

Answer: RPG Metanoia 3D, showing on December 25, 2010

No comments

Powered by Blogger.